If you are fluent in at least 2 languages, you may apply to become an Expert! Just send us proof that you are bilingual, such as a paragraph written in two languages. The other option is to become an active member at WikiTranslation, and we will assign you the title. What benefits are there to being an expert? Well, let’s look at all the user types and permissions.
- Can request a translation
- Can translate
- Can comment
- Can also vote on translations and comments
- Can earn points and titles
- IP address remains hidden
- Can edit any source text, comment, or translation request
- Can hide any post
Basically, as an expert, you can be more involved and help improve the quality of all translations.