Are you new to the concept of wiki translation? I have written this mini guide to show how to maximize your chances of getting a good translation. The most important thing to understand is that users on WikiTranslation are volunteers. While professionals have an obligation to perform a service, volunteers have no such obligation. Therefore, you should make it as easy as possible for wiki translators. Use the following guidelines to help you:
1) Place your request in the right category. If you want a translation from German to Spanish, select the category Deutsch-Español. If nobody can figure out what the target language is, your text will remain untranslated.
2) Have an accurate and descriptive title. Using “Translate” as your title doesn’t make it stand out. “HELP!!! PLEASE TRANSLATE!!!!” isn’t good either.
3) Try to keep your text short. Try to keep it under 500 characters. Not many people are willing to work on your request for hours. If you have a long text, break it up into several sections and request each one separately.
4) Provide as much information as possible. If necessary, explain the context in which the source text is in. This helps clear up confusion.
5) Make the source text as good as possible. Proofread your source text before you submit it. Try to use accents and characters required by the original language.
For a good example, see http://wikitranslation.org/?qa=13/einstein-on-relativity